Sep 7 2012 By Caitlin Black
FIREMEN had to rescue two people from an erupted blaze in a first floor flat which 'shocked' locals.
Six fire engines and 30 firefighters helped tackle the inferno on Headstone Drive, Harrow and Wealdstone yesterday (Thursday).
Fire crews from Stanmore, Northolt and Harrow rushed to the scene and rescued two people from the flat around 2pm, the fire was under control by 3pm.
Evacuated from theTaste of Dragon restaurtant, Headstone Drive was 24 year-old Birju Patel, Cecil Road he said: "I was so shocked this happened, nothing like this happens around here. I live just down the road and was sat in the restaurant below the flat that went on fire, we were all evacuated. I stayed to watch the fire, but all I could see at this point was smoke.
"There were hundreds of people all watching and loads of kids running about, we had to tell them to go away because it was dangerous."
Councillor Susan Hall owns the salon which was directly below the fire and has paid tribute to the firefighters who atteneded the scene.
She said: "I would like to thank the wonderful officers for their superb handling of the fire in Headstone Drive. It is often said you can’t appreciate the sheer horror and intensity of house fires until you see them in person, and as this was right above my shop I had a first hand view of it."