Sep 6 2012 by Hannah Bewley, Harrow Observer
A TEENAGER from Harlesden has been given an Asbo banning him from gardens and driveways in greater London.
Bilal Khalif, 17, was given the order at a hearing at Harrow Crown Court on Wednesday last week.
Police officers from Brent’s Integrated Community Safety Team obtained the order which forbids Khalif from entering the private gardens, driveways or yards of any homes within Greater London, except where the occupants know him, his family or friends, or where he has the permission of the occupier.
These restrictions will last for four years until August 29, 2016.
Safer Neighbourhoods acting Chief Inspector Sean Lynch said: “The Metropolitan Police treats anti-social behaviour very seriously and in conjunction with our statutory and voluntary partners, we will take out appropriate orders, to prevent further offending.”
Councillor Lincoln Beswick, Brent Council lead member for crime and public safety, said: “This order reflects a lot of hard work by the police and Integrated Community Safety Team and should bring some relief to residents affected.
“Additionally, I hope it’s a wake-up call to the young man in question to think about his future and to others to realise they, like Bilal Khalif will not get away with anti-social behaviour.”